In an effort to protect and safeguard our students at Somerset Academy South Homestead, we are instituting a Vehicle Parking Contract and Parking Permit System.
Beginning August 10th, Senior and Junior students will have an opportunity to reserve a parking space. Please read below for requirements. Students will be responsible for registering their vehicle with the Activities Office and obtain a parking permit.
Once all SENIORS have obtained parking then and only then will we offer the remaining parking spaces to Juniors and other eligible students.
Any changes must be reported promptly to the Student Activities Office. You may NOT drive a friend’s car to school, it must be yours or your parents/ guardians.
UNWEIGHTED G.P.A. of a 3.0 or higher.
Parking Permits will be an Annual fee of $ 50.00. Money Order or Cash will ONLY be accepted.
For a lost or replacement permit, there will be a $10.00 charge for a new permit.
VEHICLE DOCUMENTATION NEEDED
- A copy of a valid driver’s license/ a restricted license is not valid
- A copy of valid vehicle registration
- A copy of current Proof of Insurance
PLACEMENT OF PERMIT
Parking permits are not considered valid unless they are displayed on the rear view mirror.
LOSS OF PARKING
If a student is consistently late or allows others to park in their space without notifying the Activities Office they will forfeit their parking.
ASSIGNED PARKING WILL BE GIVEN TO YOU ALONG WITH YOUR PARKING PERMIT.
Student Parking Policy and Procedures
VEHICLES PARKED ON CAMPUS ARE SUBJECT TO SEARCH BY ADMINISTRATION, SECURITY OR LAW ENFORECEMENT OFFICIALS.
Your daughter or son has applied for a parking permit and has been given a parking permit agreement that must be signed and returned. We feel that it is important that you are aware of the rules and consequences should they be violated. Please read and discuss the guidelines with your child before he or she signs the agreement. Please sign this sheet and return it with the Student Parking Permit Application and Agreement.
- The parking fee is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- All vehicles parked on school grounds will be required to properly display parking permits. Vehicles parked on school grounds without a valid parking permit are subject to being towed at the owner’s expense as per School Board policy and Florida Statute 715.07.
- Permits are non-transferable and may not be used by anyone other than the registered student.
- Vehicles parked on the campus are subject to search by any school board employee or the
- Homestead Police Department at any time.
- The driver of the vehicle is responsible for the safety and actions of all passengers in his/her vehicle. Drivers and passengers must wear a seat belt when coming on or leaving the campus and while driving to and from a school sponsored activity.
- You must be a daily driver to receive a parking permit.
- The speed limit on school grounds is 15 miles per hour.
- Music volume must be kept at an appropriate level so that classrooms are not disturbed.
- Two referrals within thirty days will result in a suspension of parking privileges for at least five school days.
- You must maintain a 3.0 GPA each nine weeks grading period.
- You must not have excessive tardies or absences.
- You must not be in the parking lot except when coming to or leaving campus. Do not use your car as a locker. Do not eat lunch in your car. Loitering is not permitted.
- You may not go to your car during school hours; if you do you will be subjected to a vehicle search.
- Drugs, alcohol, tobacco, or weapons found in any vehicle will result in the immediate suspension of parking privileges for the remainder of the school year.
Consequences may include but are not limited to:
- Suspension of Parking Privileges
- Revocation of Parking Privileges
- Towing of Vehicle
I have read the policies above and understand them as stated. I concur with the guidelines, rules, and policies as well as the consequences stated on this document. I further understand that should I park illegally, allow someone else to use my permit and /or parking spot, not follow the above guidelines, or not meet the requirement to maintain my permit, I will lose my permit and my car may be towed at my expense.
Any application found to be fraudulent (improper license, forged signature) may result in denial of parking privileges for the year.