Requirements To Participate In Any Athletic Programs
Offered By Somerset Academy
• Any and all middle and senior high school student physical examinations for athletic purposes are to be recorded on the M-DCPS Athletic Physical Form, FM-3439, Revised 06-13.
• This physical form must be signed by the parents(s)/guardian(s) in the presence of a notary. Please note that the parent(s)/guardian(s) and the student must now sign in several places.
• The Athletic Eligibility Packet designated by FM-3439, Revised 06-13, now contains the following four forms:
- Athletic Physical Form
- FHSAA EL3 Form
- FHSAA Consent and Release from Liability Certificate for Concussion and Health-Related Illness EL3CH
- M-DCPS Contract for Student Participation in Interscholastic
Competitions or Performances
• In order for a student to participate in any of the following Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) and Greater Miami Athletic Conference (GMAC) interscholastic athletic activities: team practices, games, team try-outs, pre and post season conditioning, open gyms, open facilities, student athletic training programs, student team manager/statistician programs and cheerleading performed at any FHSAA sponsored sport, the Athletic Eligibility Packet must be returned to the athletic office and the student must participate in the M-DCPS mandatory athletic insurance program for $20.00.
Academics & Code of Conduct
Participation in athletic activities by a student is a privilege, not a right, to earn this privilege students must abide by the rules and meet standards of academic performance and personal behavior that are related to school purposes.
- Must maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA, as well as a good attendance and behavior record.
Non-compliance with these requirements will prevent the student from participating in any sport or extra-curricular activity. In addition, non-compliance with these requirements will result in the student being placed in an academic/behavior contract and given a probation period for improvement.